Monday, July 9, 2012

A Homesick Texan - Visual Healing Included

The images you will see below represent a piece of who I am.

I am a Texan. A died-in-the-wool, 100%, I'll Brag About the Lady That is Texas Till My Last Breath Texan. Texas is my home. She is the Damnedest Lady You Ever Saw that welcomes me with open arms every time I go back and caresses me with a kind of comfort only she can give. An inexplicable peace of mind that reassures me that I am an Eternal Piece of Something Blessed by God.

I have not been Home in almost eight years, but She is in my heart every waking minute of every waking day. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Maybe I am. One thing is certain, however. I am a Texan.

By the Grace of God I am a Texan.

And I am homesick. 


The Damnedest Lady You Ever Saw 
Caddo Lake


Lake of Bluebonnets   




East Texas Woods
Fishin' Hole
Gulf Coast
Bird's Eye View   




         Good Night From Big Bend         





2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, Toby. :-)

    Stunning photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob! BTW, Folks...Bob Zeller is one of the premier wildlife/bird photographers in the United States. He's won more awards than you can shake a stick at. I highly recommend that you take a look at some of his work. It amazes. Also, Bob has a book in the works and I'll keep y'all up to date on that as time goes on. Bob didn't even pay me to say this stuff either. :) Seriously, Bob is a great friend of mine and Isimply tell the truth about his work, awards, etc. Here's the link to his site, 'Texas Tweeties"...http://bobzeller.wordpress.com/

      Delete