Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cuttin' the Mustard for Over a Century

Still Cuttin' the Mustard
My main(e) (<---pun) goal in writing this blog is to feature something you haven't previously known about, and today I may have reached that goal. Unless you have strong connections to Maine (Eastport specifically), like living/have lived here or have family or friends here, chances are you've never heard of Raye's Mustard. You are gonna thank me by the end of this post.

Raye's is located in Eastport and has been at the same location for 105 years using the same stone grinding machinery for that entire time! Here's a four minute video that walks you through the whole process of how Raye's Mustard is made. Even watching the video gives you the feeling of traveling back to 1903, the very beginning of of this legendary business.

Today, in 2012, Raye's, recently spotlighted on The Cooking Channel, has more types of mustard than the Octomom and Kate plus Eight together have kids. My personal favorite is the sweet and spicy, but I have tried several different flavors and each is very tasty.  Raye's really is a good product and they offer a large variety of mustards to choose from so your sandwich will never be the same twice in a row.

Pride, tradition and those 105 year old seed mills have proven to be a winner in New England...and maybe your state, too.

***DISCLAIMER : I WAS NOT compensated in any way by Raye's Mustard for writing this post.I genuinely like and use their product...I have some in my 'fridge right now.***

No comments:

Post a Comment